His other martial arts accomplishments include:
- 7th Dan Black Belt in Shotokan
- 5th Dan Black Belt in Brazilian Style Hand-to-Hand Combat
- 4th Dan Black Belt in Kanzen Ryu
- 2nd Dan Black Belt in Kung Fu
- 2009 Inducted into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- 2010 Inducted into the Martial Arts “Hall of Heroes”
Shihan Lamei started training in karate at the age of 12. At age 16, he earned his Nidan (2nd Degree) Black Belt. He became an Iranian Air Force Coach at the age of 24, and by the age of 27 he became Head Coach. He moved to America in 1983. He has over 40 years of experience and has taught over 5,000 students. He has lead many students to local, regional, and U.S. national championships, including his son, Sensei Amir Lamei, who is a 9 time U.S. National Junior Champion.